Monday, January 23, 2012

UPANISHADS    AS    I    UNDERSTOOD :



"Ancient **Hindu - Cosmology  presents a detailed and  quantitative vision of cyclic  evolution/................./ converted to Earth-years
, some of  these levels have  Cyclic period that are  surprisingly similar to Time-scales of interests in Contemporary COSMOLOGY. And a day and night  in the life of  Brahma lasts a 'kalpa', a period of 8.64 Billion years."
            "Endless Universe -- beyond  the Big -Bang"  -by  Paul J.Steinhardt and  Neil Turok ;2007; New York ;  ISBN--978-0-385-50964-0
___________________________________________
** The word  'Hindu' - is really, a 'mos-nomer' or   a name imposed on BHARAT by PERSIAN  INVADERS.  The reason can be applied   to the distorted name 'INDIA'.
The religion of Vedik - BHARAT  was and even now is  "SANATAN  - Dharma" or eternal Evolutionary Religion out  which  Religion of  Buddha  and  that of Shankaracharya (Brahminism ) culminated.
____________'______

 My humble submission :


I came to 'closer- knowing' of Upanishads  after my marraige (1960) when, my wife,  with a Master degree  and  with three volumes of  Upanishads , published by R.K.Mission --
(6Th .Edition,1976) by  Swami Gombhiraanonda. 
Though I was fully absorbed,then,  in my professional life (Medicine ) , I used to leaf through the pages , sometimes, guided by her and, over time,  was interested to know the meaning  of life and the depth of Spirituality in Bharatya 'Darshan'. 
After Retirement , I could  devote more time in  learning a bit more.- through reading the translated version  of Upanishads ( including   expositions  on Ge eta  by Swami Vivekananda, Sri Aurobindo, B.G .Tilak, and other great spiritual  personalities). 
Also , I attended with interest, some lectures of  Swami Ranganathananda , while in Delhi and  was inspired to study more about  Spiritual Science from available sources. 


 Finally while in U.S.A. ,-I  was presented a  book  -'The UPANISHADS'  of  Eknath Eswaran (Isbn. 10:0-915132-39-7 : 1987)by  my daughter Neela.
 The final out come was this Manuscript,  written between 2004 and 2006,  which can be summed up only as a  'Road Map'  from  a lay- man's poin of view  .
 Only variation is that -I have tried to present it in my own way with my poetic instinct(recognised) and  admitting  my own limitations and  my egoistic boldnes as a 'Free-thinker' .
I have tried , in places, some trans-literation of  both sanskrit and  english words to inject my own understanding of the words and logo-s.
The readers are free to construct their own  field of perception and opinion.
 _______________________________

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home