Friday, October 01, 2010

COSMIC ROBOT - IV

HUMAN COSMIC ROBOT : ANATOMICAL EVOLUTION

His name was Dr. Pashupati Basu M B.B.S. Only. Yet our professor of Anatomy in MedicaL College , Calcutta and I was a Medical student , first year in 1949. I have not met a better teacher than him who could teach his students (his subject) better better than him . Even FRCS aspirants , those days ,would come and attend his class lecture. I was so magnetised and mesmarised by his lecture that , even to day, I can remember his musical voice and masterly poise as : " the difference between human being and lower animals is based on five variations. They are : 1) Liberation of hands 2) Erection of vertebral spine 3) Apposition of thumb 4) Binocular Vision and 5) dropping off of tail..... [and sharply facing his students he said to us, in front of Girls -] "though some of you , have not dropped your tail yet '" ....... and the effect , I can,even now, visualise, was electric !
Since then I have always nurtured those words so many times over them and learnt the process of EVOLUTION better.
Really the whole process of Evolution unto the homosapien evolved so slowly and so apty according to the bioogical necessity in life and his lecture even to day, helps me to sketch out so many changes in Evolution as NATURAL Scientific culminaton in shape, size and growth.
And with more advancing time , I learnt that we are more ike a biological Machine with an Internal Symphony of hormonal (Chemical ) orchestral Play. And in 1990s , while in U.S.A I wrote a Poem in 'POETRY .com , titled 'Human Robots' , which I shall put up next.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home